Canadian investment management firm Ninepoint has completed an initial public offering (IPO) of its bitcoin fund on the Toronto stock exchange. The company says the offering is the largest IPO of a bitcoin investment fund in Canada to date.
- Ninepoint Partners announced Wednesday that its Bitcoin Trust has completed an initial public offering (IPO) of CAD$230 million ($180 million).
- “It is the largest initial public offering of a bitcoin investment fund in Canada to date,” said John Wilson, Ninepoint’s co-CEO and managing partner.
- The fund’s Class A units are now trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange in both U.S. dollars and Canadian dollars under the symbols BITC.U and BITC.UN respectively.
- The fund seeks to provide investors with exposure to bitcoin “through an institutional-quality platform that is cost-efficient” to them and “to provide a secure, simpler and exchange-traded investment alternative for buying and holding bitcoin.” The fund invests in BTC directly.
- The fund’s bitcoin will be valued based on the MVIS Cryptocompare Institutional Bitcoin Index, which is maintained by MV Index Solutions GmbH (MVIS) or a successor or alternative institutional-quality index. Ninepoint will act as the fund’s trustee and manager
- MVIS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Van Eck Associates Corp., which recently filed applications to list and trade bitcoin exchange-traded funds with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Do you think more bitcoin funds should trade on stock exchanges? Let us know in the comments section below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.
The post $180 Million Bitcoin Investment Fund IPOs on Canadian Stock Exchange – Finance Bitcoin News appeared first on TechFans.