It’s been a while since Microsoft’s Surface Duo received an update, since November in fact, but a new software build is rolling out to the dual-screened device with both the December and January security patches in tow as well as some much-needed improvements.
The update comes in at 576MB and bumps the unlocked Surface Duo up to build 2020.1211.85 with the following:
- Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin – December 2020 and January 2021.
- Improves Surface Duo UI stability.
- Adds the ability to add a caller to conference calls in certain conditions.
- Improves audio quality when using speaker mode.
- Improves touch stability.
Those with the AT&T variant should receive the January update soon, but it probably won’t hurt it if you check manually as per the instructions below:
- On your Home screen, tap Settings.
- In Settings, tap System > System update > Check for update.
- After the update is downloaded and installed, tap Restart now.
Let us know in the comments below if you experience any glitches or issues with the update.
The post Microsoft’s Surface Duo gets the January with improvements in tow appeared first on TechFans.